Columbia College Chicago Comedy Studies will consider applications from students attending any four-year college or university who:
- Are currently enrolled-or have recently graduated- at the undergraduate level in a college or university.
- Have, or will have, reached a minimum of junior-level standing- or have successfully completed a minimum of 60 credit hours- by the time the program begins.
- Demonstrate training and/or accomplishment in performance, comic writing and improvisation.
Applicants Must Provide the Following:
- Completed online application including uploaded theatrical resume (or description of experience), letter of recommendation, and essays.
- Transcripts to be mailed in to Columbia College Chicago Admissions with proof of successfully completing 60 credit hours or more.
- Proof of completion of the following courses or their equivalents:
Improvisation Techniques I
Acting II: Advanced Scene Study
English Composition II
See the "Apply" page for further information about the application process for the program.
The Summer semester of Comedy Studies is a condensed program that runs 6 weeks from June 12th through July 22nd.
We are currently accepting applications for this program. All applications must be received via our online application no later than 5:00pm on April 7th, 2017. The students admitted to Comedy Studies Spring 2017 will be notified of acceptance by .The students admitted to Comedy Studies Summer 2017 will be notified of acceptance by the end of April.
The Fall Semester will run from Tuesday September 5th through Thursday December 14th.
We are currently accepting applications for the Comedy Studies Fall 2017 semester. All applications must be received via our online application no later than 5:00pm on March 17th, 2017. The students admitted to Comedy Studies Spring 2017 will be notified of acceptance by mid April.
The Spring 2017 Semester will run from Monday January 30th through Thursday May 18th, 2017.
We are not currently accepting applications for the Comedy Studies Spring 2018 semester. More information regarding applications will be available in Fall 2017.
*Tuition periodically changes, so these numbers can fluctuate slightly. Exact tuition prices will be given upon acceptance into the program. Feel free to visit http://www.colum.edu/student-financial-services/create-a-plan/calculate-your-costs/ for further information about shifts in tuition for Columbia College Chicago.
Tuition for the 12 credit hour semester of Comedy Studies is $8,484.00 ($707 per credit hour)
Tuition for the 16 credit hour semester of Comedy Studies is $12,790.00.
The comedy studies program, as well as Columbia College Chicago, do not offer any forms of financial aid to visiting students. Please check with your home institution to see if any aid you are currently using can be applied to your semester with Comedy Studies.